A quick introduction
Reel You gives Yousers control over their information.
Terminology used in this policy.
Why Reel You collects data
We collect information to provide a better Service for you.
To provide our Services, we must process information about you. We use your information to deliver, maintain, improve and personalize our Services. The information we collect is used to ensure our Services are working as intended (e.g. troubleshooting issues you report to us) and improving our Services for the future (e.g. updating or adding features to make our Services more useful).
We collect information to measure our performance.
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our Services are used. For example, we analyze data to optimize product design. We use this information to develop, test and improve our Services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
We collect information to communicate with you.
Information we collect, like your email address, is used to interact with you directly. For example, if you request support from the Reel You team. If you contact us, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may also use the information to notify you about our policies and terms, let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our Services, or send you marketing communications.
We collect information to protect Reel You, our Yousers and the public.
We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our Services. This includes detecting, preventing and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks and technical issues that could harm Reel You, our Yousers or the public.
Information Reel You collects
The type of information we collect depends on how you use our Services.
We collect account information.
When signing up, you provide us with personal information such as your name, phone number, email address and password. You have the option to modify this personal information in the account settings.
We collect content you provide to deliver our Services.
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Services. Content you create, upload, or receive from others may include things like text you write and media you save to your moments. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the date a file was created.
We collect information about how you use our Services.
We collect information about the features you use, the actions you take, the people you interact with, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. As described above, this information is used to provide a better Service to you and measure our performance.
We collect information about your device.
Information collected includes device attributes (e.g. operating system, hardware and software versions), identifiers (e.g. device ID), data from device settings (e.g. information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on such as location), and other settings (e.g. language, time zone, carrier name). As described above, this information is used to provide a better Service to you and measure our performance.
Sharing your information
Reel You does not share your personal information.
The information we collect is used to identify you, support you and improve your experience with our Services. We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Reel You except in the following cases:
- With your consent. We will share personal information outside of Reel You only with your explicit consent. For example, we may want to feature you in our marketing materials.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information outside of Reel You in response to a legal request if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We will also share if we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud, security, or technical issues, unauthorized use of the Services, violations of our terms or policies, and to protect ourselves (e.g. our rights, property or Services) or the public (e.g. preventing death or imminent bodily harm).
- For a new owner. If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
You have control over how your information is shared.
Reel You is inherently private: there is no public feed and your information and content can not be seen by anyone, inside or outside our Services, unless you specifically choose to share or collaborate with people as explained below.
- You choose the content you share. When you create a new moment, it is private by default and shared with nobody. You can choose who you selectively share the moment with, if anyone at all. Sharing a moment with someone does not give them access to any other moment except for the one you shared. You should carefully consider who you share with because another person may choose to share your information with others inside or outside of our Services (via sharing that moment with someone else, creating their own moment with similar information, taking screenshots, messaging through other applications or in person). When somebody shares a moment with you, you choose whether to engage with that moment and contribute information (e.g. text, photos). Your contributions are visible to anyone else the moment has been shared with, including anyone the moment has already been shared with or may be shared with in the future. You have the ability at any time to remove your content from a moment.
- You choose the people you share with. Each moment has sharing options that every Youser with whom the moment has been shared can control: a Youser may add or remove another Youser from a moment. You can also remove yourself from a moment. Additionally, you have the ability to “Report” a Youser who may be abusing the Terms of Service or other policies.
Keeping your information secure
We build security into our Services.
We work hard to protect you and Reel You from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We perform a two-step authentication process during sign up and sign in. First, we use your phone number to send you a verification code and ensure you are the device holder. Second, a password or biometric identification is required to proceed (via Apple ID or a password of your choosing).
- We restrict access to personal information to Reel You employees who need that information in order to process it or provide you support. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information.
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to help ensure the safety of your personal information. However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee our Services are invulnerable to all security breaches or immune from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
Your privacy controls
You can change your settings in our Services and on your device.
You can review and update your settings when you are signed in to Reel You. When you’re signed out, you can manage notification, location and other privacy settings associated with your device.
You control your content.
You have the ability to add, modify or remove your content from a moment or hide a moment altogether. You choose the content you share and the people you share with as described in the “Sharing your information” section.
You can export or delete your information.
Please send a request via the Settings menu if you wish to export your data. You have two options when deleting information from Reel You: you can remove your content from our Services or delete your entire Reel You account. When you delete your account, we delete everything related to your account and you won’t be able to recover that information later. Content other people have created that includes information about you is not part of your account and won’t be deleted.
You have rights.
You have the right to know the personal information we have collected on you and the right to request deletion as described above. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. To protect your information and the integrity of our Services, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request.
Retaining your information
We don’t retain your data longer than necessary.
We store your data until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
Compliance and cooperation with regulators
If you have questions about this section or how to exercise your rights please contact us.
Compliance with European requirements.
If European Union (EU) data protection law applies to the processing of your information, we provide the controls described in this policy so you can exercise your right to request access to, update, remove and restrict the processing of your information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your information or export your information.
Compliance with Californian requirements.
More about this policy
You can contact us with questions.
Please contact us at email@example.com.
Date of last revision:
November 18, 2020
Prior version – September 08, 2020
What changed? We removed the sentence: “People may choose to add you to a moment without sharing the moment with you.” This is no longer true because if someone adds you to the moment’s People that moment will be shared with you. If you aren’t yet a Reel Youser, you will need to sign up first to view the moment(s) shared with you.